These are some of the things I am reading or watching about innovation, creativity, breakthrough, discovery, and artful work this week:
- Stop writing plans and get started–a model for getting away from the drawing board and out into the world to play your way into making something happen.
- Backward problem solving: Re-engineer a solution and solve a problem
- Playing with fire: Jonathan Fields advises on making sense of the mess of data and emotions at tricky points in the creative process.
- Get out of the problem rut by asking questions that get you exploring. But don’t ask why!
- Inventing for humanity: Saving the 2000 people who die of malaria every day. Using mobile access to information to transform lives in the global south. And acknowledging that without implementers, inventors can do little to make the world a better place.
How is your artful work this week?